If you are looking to improve Muscular Strength when performing the Bicep Curl you should aim for 2-5 sets of 6-8 repetitions with a weight of 70-80% of your maximum weight.
Body Part and Muscle Group
The Bicep Curl works the front of the upper arm with particular focus on the Bicep muscle.
The movement to perform the Bicep Curl involves Elbow Flexion.
- Using the Get Set grip the bar with an underhand closed grip.
- Use the Deadlift to lift the bar into the start position.
- Keep your back straight.
- Bend the elbows and curl the bar up to the shoulders
- Keep the elbows close to the body
- Slowly lower the bar to the thigh area by straightening the arms.
Progression: Add more weight, increase your reps, increase your sets or slow the exercise down
Alternative: Alternative: Dumbbell Curl or Preacher Curl.