The benefits of exercise cover physiological as well as psychological improvements. Exercising regularly is thought to ease stress, mild depression and anxiety, while also reducing the risk of heart disease, osteoporosis, obesity and many others diseases.
How Much Exercise
The minimum recommended amount of exercise to see health benefits is 30 minutes of moderate exercise at least 5 times a week. The 30 minutes of exercise doesn’t need to be done in one session, you could do shorts bursts through out the day if you struggle to fit in a longer workout. To see further benefits from exercise try and progress the exercise to 40 – 60 minutes at least 5 times a week.
Exercising at a moderate intensity means you should get a little sweaty, warm and slightly out of breath. You don’t have to exercise at a vigorous intensity to see the health benefits.
What Type of Exercise
As long as you do it safely there is no bad exercise, any exercise that increases your heart rate and makes you feel slightly out of breath. Such as: jogging, cycling, swimming, skipping or a simple brisk walk.
The benefits of exercise can slip away if you don’t maintain a regular exercise plan.
Benefits of Exercise
There are so many benefits of exercise it would be difficult to cover all of them in one place. To help motivate you to start a new exercise plan today, we have listed the main exercise benefits below:
– Regular exercise reduces the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high-cholesterol, obesity and many more health related issues.
– Staying fit and healthy can help you look younger and fresher.
– Exercising can contribute to your mental well-being and help with mild depression.
– A good exercise plan can help relieve stress and anxiety.
– Completing exercise workouts regularly will help with energy levels and physical endurance.
No time like the present, go for a walk, head to the gym, however you like to exercise – the sooner you start the sooner you feel better!