The standing hamstring stretch focuses on the front of the upper leg and stretches the hamstring muscle. The Standing Hamstring Stretch should be performed as a preparatory stretch and be held for 8 to 10 seconds.
Body Part and Muscle Group
The Hamstring Stretch focuses on the back of the upper leg. The Hamstring is the muscle being stretched.
- Starting from a normal standing position.
- Step forward and keep the front leg straight / extended).
- Bend the rear leg to approx 90 degrees.
- Feet should remain slightly apart and facing forward.
- Bend forward from the hips and sit back into the stretch – until the stretch is felt.