The standing hip flexor stretch focuses on the upper inner thigh and stretches the hip flexors. The Standing Hip Flexor Stretch should be performed as a preparatory stretch and be held for 8 to 10 seconds.
Body Part and Muscle Group
The Hip Flexor Stretch focuses on the upper front thigh. The Hip Flexor muscles are being stretched.
- Starting from a normal standing position.
- Take a long step forward and bend/flex your leading leg.
- Your rear leg should be slightly bent / flexed.
- Your front foot should be placed on the floor while the rear foot can have its heel off the floor.
- If needed, the fleshy part of your knee can rest on a mat.
Progression: Take a larger step.
Alternative: Standing Quadricep Stretch.