The upper back stretch focuses on the upper back and stretches the trapezius and rhomboid muscles. The Upper Back Stretch can be performed as a preparatory stretch and held for 8 to 10 seconds.
Body Part and Muscle Group
The Upper Back Stretch focuses on the upper back. The Trapezius and Rhomboid muscles are stretched.
- Starting from a normal standing position.
- Straighten both arms in front of you.
- Keep both arms off lock and horizontal to the floor.
- Place one hand inside the other with your palms facing the body.
- Lower your head towards your chin.
Progression: Push the arms further in front of yourself.
Alternative: Deltoid Stretch