The lying quadricep stretch focuses on the front of the upper leg and stretches the quadriceps muscle. The Lying Quadricep Stretch is a maintenance stretch and should be held for 10 to 15 seconds.
Body Part and Muscle Group
The Lying Quadricep Stretch focuses on the front of the upper leg. The Quadricep muscle is stretched.
- Start by lying face down on the floor.
- Make sure your back is straight with your spine in neutral.
- Reach back and grasp your foot.
- Pull your heel towards the buttock area.
- For comfort, rest your forehead on the back of the other hand.
Progression: Pull the foot closer to the buttock.