The seated upper back stretch focuses on the upper back and stretches the trapezius and rhomboid muscles. The Seated Upper Back Stretch can be performed as a developmental stretch and should be held for an initial 6 to 10 seconds and then take the stretch further for another 30 seconds.
Body Part and Muscle Group
The Upper Back Stretch focuses on the upper back. The Trapezius and Rhomboid muscles are stretched.
- Starting from a seated position.
- Straighten both arms in front of you.
- Keep both arms off lock and horizontal to the floor.
- Place one hand inside the other with your palms facing the body.
- Lower your head towards your chin.
Progression: Push the arms further in front of yourself.